Tuesday, February 23, 2010

MIPH Orientation week - The climb has begun !

The rose-coloured glasses are off and I am hit with reality at 8:30 am on Tuesday, Feb 2010. From the beginning (filing out my application papers) I knew that I am going to be putting myself through yet another climb (up hill) but as always, I overestimate my capabilities and when I get faced with my challenge (again, which is completely self inflicted) realize what I have done.

But just like always I give myself 2 choices: put ur head down and walk away from my (self inflicted) dare, OR (the choice which seems to end up being selected each time) hold your breath and go for the ride. For some reason, I set myself up to each challenge and you would think that over time I learn and realize my pattern of behavior. Wrong!

Instead, each time I say to myself: "well, you signed up for this, so show me what you got". (Why isn't backing out ever an option? Why can't I just say, not this time?) Even though life can be difficult to manage on its own, I seem to add the whip cream on top like it was no one's business.

And so here I'm sitting with whip cream in hand, in a boiling hot country surrounded by wonderful people (both school and life) trying to figure out how I'm going to manage everything I have signed up for. Just remember, that this has happened in the passed (it's bound to, I'm a dreamer), so I am not surprised that I'm sitting in the middle of a tiny dilemma. (Whether we are talking about today or in the future, no surprise will ever match the story about completing my undergrad). But I still shake my head and smile because: Oops, I did it again !

It's only the first day. Hearing each professor introduce themselves, talk about their experiences and meeting people in class today who seem to have the same interest as you (both in life/career) is priceless. However, if I am planning to spend more 'priceless' time with these wonderful people I need to come upon some funding for my living expenses ASAP :-)

Overall, I am still very happy to be here and find it surreal that I am doing what I signed up for (a year ago) ... now I just have to figure out how I'm going to manage life in Brisbane :-)

Any suggestions ?

xoxo
R :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment