Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Surprise of the year 2010 - Guelph

As I'm getting ready for graduation, I am scrambling to figure out where my next destination should be. I could stay in Australia and work ... just to buy some time till I can get my nursing registration transferred. I also would LOVE to live and play in Thailand, but who will I pay for my way. Christmas is just around the corner and what a way to celebrate especially when I surprise my parents.

As my funds were nearly all used up, and missing my parents warm and cozy home, I decided to come home before hoping to get my next adventures planned out. I promised my parents that I will always come home no matter the distance and this was the right time.

Ticket in hand (many good-bye's and see you later's), I made a detour on my way home to San Francisco, a place I have always dreamed of back in my high school hippy days, and ended up at my precious friend's door steps. She housed me for a few days (make it almost a week) until it was time for me to move on over to my brother's place. Everyone was extremely amazing at keeping a secret from my parents. Marcus had it the worst as mom would be complaining to him about how "Renata has it so though, and she might be alone for X-mas!"

Well, only 24h of my arrival to Guelph, we had a dinner planned so mom and dad would come over to my Bro's and they would find me there :-)

Sure enough, it's dinner time, I have finished with everything I planned on making for the surprise dinner party. Mom and Dad barge into the house since they are not used to the door bell, and I hide our quick as no one expected the abrupt visit entrance.

As Marcus is making small talk, he's explaining to dad that he found someone to help with the wine corking. We sometimes make our own wine and they sometimes turn out pretty good ! So back to the story, Dad replies to Marcus: "forget it, I don't need help!" Huh ? Now what?

My entrance signal was supposed to be the friend Marcus found to help with the bottling process however, now it's unneeded. Marcus says to dad: Too bad ! I still have a friend here, ....

And when I appear, it is silent. For one very short second. Then both mom and dad jump into my arms and hug me ....and we are loudly greeting each other. Mom is telling Marcus that he was sneaky and shame on him, then right away she's feeling sorry for him for having to listen to her crying about me. Typical Mares greetings. Everyone is happy, the food is ready and we head into the dinner to discuss how I managed to be so sneaky.

We consumed my 46 Hawken Dr roommie's fave dish: red curry and hand rolled rice paper rolls (Thanks Thao! Everyone loved it!)

R :-)


Special THANKS to everyone who has helped with my secret arrival !
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment