Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cape Town, South Africa - 2011


Ladies and Gentleman,


Remi (will be) back on the road (early May) !!!!


I thought I would write this note to all those people who have requested an explanation to my next adventure !!!


Back in January I have spent a fair bit of time applying to internships through CIDA. Ever since I have completed my masters I was torn between going back to nursing in PH and gain financial independence again or apply for an internship and live the ultimate student/post-grad life (making money is over rated when traveling becomes an option).

As you have probably guessed it, I choose to go back on the road and live the gypsy lifestyle full on ! And what better place to live out my travel bug: Next stop, Cape Town, South Africa! I feel extremely lucky to have been selected and have the opportunity to live in South Africa. Rich and exotic culture spread over a beautiful landscape amongst the lively people of SA.

I have painted an amazing picture for all of you in hopes that it will encourage all of you to come and visit such wonderful place (or any place for that matter). Traveling fills your soul (at least for me) like no other experience I can compare to (well, maybe one other experience).

But with all the amazingness that Cape Town has to offer, I am going for a particular reason. The internship which I got selected for is at the School of Public Health, University of Western Cape. For the next 6 months I will be doing research work specifically in communicable and infectious diseases. I will not know the specifics of my work until I arrive (I believe) but for now, just know that I will be happily working in my are of expertise: microbiology and all that it has to offer.

I hope to keep in touch with most of you, thanks to the amazing technology handed to our generation :-)


If you have any further questions please fire off a message to me and I will sure to get back to you asap!


Thanks for all the well wishes !!


XO
R :-)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, love. You're sure to have an amazing experience. I can't wait to follow your adventures. We're going to have to get together before you leave. When are you flying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, just realized I never replied to you: flying May 7th or 9th :-) I would love to catch up !!!

    ReplyDelete