Friday, August 5, 2011

Canada Day in Cape Town 2011

Canada Day in Cape Town happened to be an eventful 3-day weekend !

Friday, July 1, 2011

Mr. EPB himself decided to take on the responsibilities, and make us, slackers a nice roast with veg and potatoes. The ham was filled with stuffing and wonderful things like fig and apricot. I can still remember the wonderful aromas coming from the deliciousness, was this ham. The dinner was followed by good music and great company. I had the pleasure to meet Michelle, as she would be my role model in ultimate frisbee. It was a complete coincidence and not expected that an ultimate frisbee girl will be living with Eric. But like with everything, it all happens for a good reason.

Mike and Mikey, who have entered into my life just this week, also made a visit to Eric's for a chat. Good songs and good company is what Canada day is all about !


Saturday, July 2, 2011

Devil's peak we go !

Mike and Mikey have invited me for a hike up the peak, which greets me each morning out my window. I was very excited to go with the boys but I was a tad afraid that I might be slower than the rest. As usual, I was right. But none of the less, the climb to the top was AMAZING!

The view is breathtaking from the peak. But I will let you judge for yourself.

The way down was interesting, as rain set in. Wet as a dog and shivering from the cold, we headed home to a warm shower. Later I met up with the crew again to watch some Super 15 Rugby finals. SA lost to Crusaiders......oh well. This is also the day I was introduced to one of Mikey's large sisters: Heidi :-)




















Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mzoli's where it all goes down ! In the heart of Guguletu.

Didi with the fab-four, attended the Mzoli's festivities, which take place each weekend, rain or shine. It is a meat-feast so vegetarians, you might want to skip this event. However, for carnivores like myself, it's meaty heaven ! Come to think of it, I don't even think I had much pap with my order. But pap is also part of it :-)

Good music, packed into a tent, oozing with people, and food everywhere ! One final recommendation: do not wear your favourite clothes and shoes. When I say packed with people, I mean PACKED with people, carrying bucket load of saucy meat.



No comments:

Post a Comment