Saturday, February 25, 2012

from Guelph to Red Lake, Ontario - Feb 2012


On Feb 24, 2011 I received the news that I was selected as a successful applicant with the Red Lake Family Health Team. I have had an amazing support from many dear friends and my family, and I would like to say Thank you to those who have been there for me. Today, the temperature range in Red Lake, I believe it was -20/-11, depending on the windchill.

I will be working within the Chronic Disease Management team at the FHT, in Red Lake and surrounding communities. There is great information posted about Red Lake on their website for anyone interested to learn more about this community. My responsibilities within the FHT will relate to CDM program development and implementation, but I will share more on my work at a later time.

I am most excited to finally experience living in rural Ontario and meet with the local residents. As the official Norseman Floatplane Capital of the World, I would like to point out the Norseman Festival celebrated annually in the month of July.

Tourism Red Lake
For those of you who are planning their summer holidays already, here is a very detailed website on what is available in Red Lake. Enjoy the read, and if you have chosen to come for a visit please don't hesitate to look me up !

Once accommodation has been arranged (due in the next coming weeks), I will make the journey alone (or with my parents) from Guelph to Red Lake, Ontario (on Canadian soil). My journey across the back-roads presented in the map below. I have always wanted to see more of Canada, and I'm happy to have this opportunity ahead of me. I will sure to blog more in the upcoming months about my experiences in Red Lake, Ontario, so please stay tuned.

Cheerio!
R :-)



View Guelph to Red Lake, Ontario in a larger map

2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting, Ren. How long will you be in Red Lake for?

    I'm talking it over with the team to see if we can swing coming up to see you. It's quite north! Bring your woolies!

    Love to you, always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling Mary, you are so sweet to offer your continuous support ! I recognize that Canada offers many amazing road trip opportunities, so please, don't feel pressured to drive all the way to Red Lake. But I hear it's a great little place to visit in the summer. And it will take you almost 2 days to drive :-)

      Happy deciding !!!
      xo

      Delete