Saturday, December 26, 2015

an Eastern Euro's views on backpacking Western Euro - The Netherlands: Amsterdam (post #3)

After nearly 3 weeks of walking/working in Uganda, it was strange to arrive in cold temperatures. First week of February in Amsterdam was overall sunny and chilly but without snow on the ground.

I arrived in darkness at 6am, trying to find the hostel.  I asked a few hotel concierge to help direct me towards the hotel which was successful.  I waited for my check in time at the Flying Pig, and realized with some time that my luggage was a major inconvenience due to the never ending staircase in the hostel.  Once successfully checked in, I grabbed a city map and started my discovery.

Sun was shining, but the weather required multiple layers to keep me warm during my walking discoveries.  At one point, large flakes of snow flakes started to fall....however, it quickly turned to rain....so my few days here felt like 4 seasons in 4 days.

Here are some photos while discovering Amsterdam































































Cheers
R :)
























No comments:

Post a Comment