Friday, August 27, 2010

Accomplishments so far ...

The resources are limited but the ideas are endless. The immediate responsibilities are calling yet all I can think about is how else to indulge in life's pleasures :-)

I am re-visiting the list to make sure I didn't miss any new ideas and check off those which are completed.


Australia/ New Zealand
1) Check out most of the East coast (Cairns to learn scuba diving)
2) Drive to Perth then to Darwin ----> Alice ---> Tazmania
3) Glacier climbing in NZ
4) watch an All Blacks home game
DONE 5) visit Fiji as a tourist
DONE 6) Learn how to surf - Noosa's main beach ....and I ride goofy if you are interested :-)


Other Travels:
7) work at the WHO (Geneva) - hmmm maybe .... still hesitant

8) Canadian cross country tour (once I'm back on home turf)

9) India for yoga lessons

10) India for cooking school

11) Cultures to experience from up close: Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Japan

12) Back pack: Greece (Croatia), Italy, Morocco, Netherlands, France, Germany, Malta, Sweden (maybe more ?) - Roxy, you better be ready cause here I come :-)



Life interests:
13) publish a book (I have some ideas for the chapters now)

14) learn to play the guitar (lessons might start in Australia)- I did start, however, thanks to my Vietnamese roommate I can now play another song on the piano

15) Try to make as many ethnic foods as possible- curry (variety of colours), authentic stir-fries, Fanta-chicken (or Cola), cabbage rolls, a list of soups (egg, potato, veggie with broth, vaggie with cream), banana bread b/c it's my fave :-)

16) fly in a hot air balloon

17) volunteer at a community centre - this is my very next :-)

18) sing more, laugh more, dance (more if feet allows for)

19) love :-)

20) stay positive (more)

21) sit with Granny and talk (asap) - I will call her soon

22) own a specific car and motorcycle (won't elaborate on this because I do feel a sense of guilt for wanting these 2 things)

23) Reunite in Hawaii with the Guelph peeps at the age of 30



Career goals:
#7 - work at WHO (first, back to the roots)

24) one day, (sigh) work in a hospital again, anywhere ...

25) Develop policies which promote health and justice in the world - MDG #5

26) collaborate on an NGO mission

27) take a stand for health care by participating in a munk debate



Sport/ leisure activities:
27) score in water polo (on a break away) - polo is on hold at the moment :-)


28) possibly get involve in coaching synchro again - create, encourage, empower - This was a TRUE attempt however, due to politics and logistics beyond my control I have decided to end my synchro career here and now, it's been great to know synchro but I think 2010 is my official retiring year, unless I suddenly get a phone call .... then a few more months but by Dec I am done :-) (maybe it's for the better)

No comments:

Post a Comment