Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Life Goal #60

Life Goal #60 deserves a post of its own.

This is because I would like to give a special mention to a certain someone that I know and respect dearly. Jim, my land lord is a vary creative man with ideas and thoughts to share. He represents one of my life goals which is so dear to a life goal I hope to accomplish one day.

You see, Jim has written a book called Bittle Creek and it is probably one of the funniest books I have read. This book is written in an Australian tone, told by someone from a rural community. The book might be based on everyday life, but to me it also represent my landlord and I can relate to the book very much as I have had the chance to live with Jim for quite some time now (even if it's only through email contact).

So, he is my hero in a way because not only because he has written his own creation (soon there will be another book finished up which I am also excited to read), but it's very funny, sincere, and it challenges me to think about what I would like to write once the time comes.

In addition to Jim's ability to writing creative literature and making me eager to get started on my project, I have also wanted to have a book signed by the author themselves. Jim has fulfilled this dream and has been kind enough to sign my gifted copy of Bittle Creek.

I have met (and lived) with the author of a very funny book and own a signed copy of his work. Goal accomplished.

Thanks Jim !




This is Jim and Julie, at one of our famous cook-outs





R :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment