Monday, May 28, 2012

Front Porch Visitors - March 16th, 2012

Friday, March 16th

My second day in Red Lake, all alone at my home-away-from-home, my parents hit the road just the day before, and I'm trying to make my way through some medical directives to learn about my new position.  The one and only visitor today was my landlord's son-in-law.

As we were chatting away, he became very quiet and says to me, 'come here, quick!'. Thinking that whatever he just witnessed would run away, we tried to stay quiet the whole time as we walked over to the front porch. A female deer, lifting her head to see us observing, then she returned to her feast.  The buck, standing in the neighbour's back yard, next door.  The two of them disregarding us even as the son-in-law walks to his truck and drives off.  I decide to keep them companion, and sit outside on this warm and sunny March day. Periodically they would look up to see if I have changed my location, but when content they would return to picking at the ground.

These supposedly wild animals seemed very comfortable with me around. No flinching and showing little signs of nervousness while I was hanging out only meters away.  I guess when one lives with nature in return nature embraces all. Plus, my theory makes for great pictures :-)

Enjoy !




No comments:

Post a Comment