Thursday, December 17, 2015

Day 8: Hue, Vietnam

The drive from Phong Nha to Hue was under heavy rainfall.  Visibility out the bus windows were zero but I was convinced that the bus driver had better vision than I.

I arrived late in Hue, around 9am, which meant most tours have proceeded.  The hostel however, found a space for me and rushed me off on a scooter where the group was meeting next.  From there, we all packed into a boat and started the 3 hour journey down the Perfume river visiting a few pagodas on the way.  We also had lunch on the boat before getting off to board the bus which will take us around the rest of the day.


















As the cultural and While this city tour was very informative and I received the most information about Vietnam in general, the tour and entrance fees were 'very' expensive. Very is a relative term in this case.  But I managed to spend over 50$ on just visiting monuments, without food and transportation.

List of sights:
- Citadel
- Hue Imperial city
- Bao Quoc Pagoda
- Nguyen Emperor's tomb
- Thien Mu Pagoda
- The Mieu
- Khai Dinh's tomb
- Minh Mang's tomb
- Tu Duc's tomb








































































The tour was great....the weather held out, so no rain....but by the end of the day I was exhausted from hecklers and resisting the urge to give away my life savings.....while Hue was on my radar to visit, I did not spend enough time researching the activities and tours prior to my arrival. Next time I will be much more prepared.

Cheers
R :)



No comments:

Post a Comment